Oct 12, 2011

London Film Festival


Hey guys,


It's the 12th of October and today is the first day of the London Film Festival! As you may know, I live in the beautiful British capital and I am so excited for this event! I already bought tickets for 5 shows:


The machine that kills bad people- Friday 14th Oct: Rossellini's rarely-seen satirical fantasy, now restored, about a photographer whose magic camera has the power to kill the greedy and the corrupt.


Restless- Sunday 16th October: An affecting and delicate teen romance which confirms Gus Van Sant as one of Hollywood’s most astute and sensitive chroniclers of American youth.


Carnage- Wendsday 19th Oct: The Brooklyn bourgeoisie under the microscope in Roman Polanski's beautifully acted adaptation of The God of Carnage.


Take Shelter- Sun 23rd Oct: An extraordinary tale of ordinary madness.


Martha Marcy May Marlene- Monday 24th Oct: Newcomer Elizabeth Olsen stars in this atmospheric story of a young woman recently escaped from a cult-like commune.


+ I will be queing for Shame or 50/50 on Saturday, the 15th of October; depends how lucky I am and where I can get tickets!Wish me luck!


For more information about the films or the festival, check www.timeout.com/lff or bfi.org.uk


Of course I will be reviewing all of the above and I hope to see you soon on the blog if you are interested in these specific movies or just to hear more about the festival!


I did wanted to see other movies like A dangerous method, Wuthering Heights, Ides of March or Descendants, but I couldn't schedule them in or I couldn't get tickets!


Please do let me know if you have any requests or recommendations or anaything like that, I am up for anything new!


Hope you have a great day!
Aziza or you can call me Diana :)

3 comments:

  1. I'm jealous! I'd like to be in London during the London film festival, looks to be great line-up! A number of the films you mention here are on my list:
    http://moviesandsongs365.blogspot.com/2010/07/my-to-see-list.html

    Perhaps you'll find time to share a few reviews from the event? ( :

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so lucky!
    I would love to read your reviews of the mentioned movies but I gotta wait before I see them myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! Thanks for dropping by! My reviews are usually spoiler free, I like to just give my opinion on script, direction etc and just to recommend or not the movie! If not, please do come back when you see them yourself!

    ReplyDelete