Game of Thrones is, dare I say, a masterpiece of television. It has so many qualities to it, and the eventual flaws just make it more real and loveable. The show is based on the George R.R. Martin books „A song of Ice and Fire” and follows the stories of the great seven kindoms of this magical word Martin created. I already read the first book and I’m on the second one and they are wonderful, as well. The first one, at least, is a page-turner, as I read somewhere recently. You should give it a try!
About the show, HBO has done an impecable job with this one, and there are so many reasons you should watch it, that I’m just going to write them, plain and simple. You should watch Game of Thrones because of:
- The most eleborated, complex and beautiful sets you can see on TV. Everything from the costumes to the great Iron chair is a piece of art.
- The quality and appeal of the story and the story telling. It has drama, mistery, love, fantasy, battles, lords and kings, all in one place, wrapped in a very raw, yet sexy way.
- The Casting- it’s fantastic. I started reading the book after I saw the first episode and I was fascinated by the accuracy of the portrays. Yes, the TV characters are older then the ones in the book, but trust me, the story is much more natural and interesting with older people.
- On the acting level, there is not too much to say. 99% of the cast plays its part to the T and gives life and so much more to those wonderful characters. I especially love Sean Bean as Edd Stark, Lena Headly as Cersei Lannister, Peter Dinklage as Tyron Lannister, Emilia Clarke and Harry Lloyd and Daenerys and Viserys Targaryen- these and a couple more are fantastic.
- Now, as a girl, I must appreciate the beauty and hotness of certain men and I’m sure you will, too: Richard Madden as Robb Stark, Kit Harington as Jon Snow, Nicolaj Coster-Waldau as Jaime Lannister, even Alfie Allen as Theon Greyjoy, if you fancy that. And as a bonus to season 2, I am keeping an eye on the bastard son of Robert Baratheon who wants to join the Wall.
- Varys and LittleFinger’s verbal duets, especially episode 10. Very entertaining!
- Emilia Clarke as Dany- her performance in the last 3 episodes is amazing, and well, if you see the last scene of season 1, which is so cool and crazy, you’ll appreciate it, too. Her storyline was my one of favourites.
- Tyron Lannister is one of the most intriguing, funny, wild characters you will see on tv.
I’m sure there are much more things I should mention, but I don’t want to spoil it for you! Please buy, download or watch this TV show- it is worth it!