Jan 17, 2013

Movie Jail Relay Race



The lovely Mette from Lime Review and Strawberries recently passed the torch to me with this interesting Jail Race/Blogathon/Game whatever.


The Rules
„It's time to put some movie people in jail. The object is to give a prosecutor's argument as to why these movie people belong in 'Movie Jail' whether it be for violating the integrity of the content source of one of their films, or being a sell-out, just making bad movies overall, getting worse as time goes on or not being in a good movie for many years. 
The baton will be passed to another blogger who will have to do the following - in order to free someone from movie jail, they have to do two things: 

Give a defence attorney argument defending the plaintiff
Pay bail: the cost of which is another case for the court and a prosecutor's argument against the actor/director of their choice that will replace the one set free. 

Then make sure to list those who have passed the baton before you.

There must always be ten people in Movie Jail. “

Previous participants:
My Film Views/The Focused Filmographer
Cinematic Corner
And So It Begins
Surrender to the Void
Cinematic Paradox
The Cinematic Spectacle
Being Norma Jean
Defiant Success
...let's be splendid about this

Prisoners right now
 
George Lucas
 
Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer

Jennifer Aniston

Katherine Heigl

Michael Bay

Adam Sandler

Raja Gosnell

Eddie Murphy
Todd Phillips
 
Til Schweiger


  I free...


George Lucas

The guy might be in a bad situation right now, but come on, let's be honest, he is, after all, the director of the Star Wars films and along with Steven Spielberg created the Indiana Jones series which made box office records of their own. Maybe he can still come back?....  [p.s. I just didn't knew who to free, most of the prisoners deserve to be there]


I throw in jail...

Kristen Stewart

There are two people in Hollywood I just can't stand- one is Jennifer Aniston, and fortunately, she is already in jail, the other is Kristen Stewart. I don't like her for the simple reason that I think she is not a good, or even real actress. I rarely see any change in her style- she is basically playing Bella, or better said, Kristen, in every film, and it is getting annoying. Her acting skills and choice of roles could surely be improved. Until then, Jail Time for you, KStew!


I pass the torch to...   Ruth from Flix Chatter

15 comments:

  1. I agree throwing Stewart in but I actually have nothing against Aniston. Though, mostly, it's because I love Friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get it...I, personally, never was a big Friends fan. Even back then, she was my least favorite character!

      Delete
  2. Hey thanks Diana, I've been hoping to do this movie jail race! Well I absolutely concur with your pick!! I definitely would NOT release her, ahah. She is just awful, I wish she'd just retire from acting, ahah. Thanks again for picking me. – ruth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to help and I am curious to see who you take out and throw in :)

      Delete
  3. I think Kristen Stewart is an unfairly easy target who saw her profile catapult thanks to a rather poor role in a huge franchise. Both her and Pattinson have seemingly struggled with their Twilight roles (although Pattinson is far more humorously forthright in his disdain for the character, but one could ponder how professional this is!). Considering how poorly written the character of Bella is, Stewart has done quite a good job of elevating her. Even with that said I do still find the films quite enjoyable and definitely feel like they're easy targets which are unfairly picked on. But hey, even movie geeks need something to collectively pick on.

    As for Stewart, I thought she was good in both Adventureland and Into the Wild. Sure, she hasn't shown a whole load of acting scope just yet, but her career is relatively young and she has a high profile and the possibility of picking good roles in the future hopefully.

    I don't mean to come off as a crazed fanboy, I just feel Stewart has potential to really shine if she isn't forever condemned for one role that anyone in their right mind would have taken.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely understand what you are saying and I agree that the script she was giving was not strong enough and that people only see her as Bella (which is understandable, considering Twilight is such a big hit). That is not the problem for me. My problem is that she tackles every role the same way she did with her character in Into the wild, or as Bella, or any other. I personally am annoyed she managed to bring that type of character into On The Road, when she had to portray Marylou. Ok, so it wasn't that same thing, but she still didn't do her job all the way. I'm not saying I don't believe she doesn't have potential, but let's just say she hasn't proven it to me yet!

      Delete
    2. Ah I haven't yet seen On the Road (very curious to though!). I suppose there's only so many times she will get away with portraying similar characters - I'm equally curious to see her performance in Snow White and the Huntsman. In no way is she a particularly strong actress (there are several others of a similar age who are far outperforming) I just feel she is a bit of an easy target thanks to the global success and critical derision of Twilight.

      Still, you watch, after saying all this I bet she'll just go and prove me wrong and phone in the exact same performance in every future role until the money runs dry!

      Delete
  4. Oh man, Sati will be pissed. You put her K-Stew back in prison. I know there's worse people that should be in film prison but K-Stew has managed to rub people the wrong way. I don't blame you for freeing George Lucas although giving away a lot of money towards education from the sale of Lucasfilm is still a pretty cool move.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great choices. Though I like Stewart in some roles, more often than not she is very forgettable. Lucas is a good choice. Don't forget: he also co-wrote and directed American Graffiti. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I must admit, I am very curious to see Lady Sati's response to this.

    Mine, however, is one full of elation and joy! Thank you so much Diana! I have asked for K-Stew to be thrown back in jail (she was already freed once before), and it is nice to see her back. Now if only Nicolas Cage could find his way to jail, that'd be sweet. haha

    I was surprised honestly that George Lucas stayed for as long as he did.
    Thanks for participating. Thank you to EVERYONE who has made this so much fun to follow. Regardless of views it is so nice to see everyone working together and debating/having fun with this relay race.

    a heartfelt applause to all! -T

    ReplyDelete
  7. I considered freeing George Lucas too... but then again, I didn't like the Indiana Jones films too much and have only seen one Star Wars movie (will change that soon).
    It's understandable why you put Kristen in jail, but I'm of a similar opinion as Liam - I liked her in what I've seen until now. But if she doesn't show anything new, I don't know what... A friend recommended The Runaways to me, said Kristen was great in it - and Welcome to the Rileys should be good too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey yeah people really gotta calm down. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only person who feels bulling on that girl and treating her like the worst actress in the world is very pathetic.

    I was going not to comment, because I don't like being negative, but since thevoid99 and filmographer are so curious - well there you have it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So Kristen Stewart is back in the clink? :-) Since I've only seen her in Adventureland (in which I thought she was O.K. but not particularly memorable) I don't really have an opinion one way or the other.

    ReplyDelete