Jan 1, 2013

2013

The first day of the new year is here and it's time to reflect, to think about the future and what we want to achieve. I think everyone does that, even if they don't take too much time or write it down....a few moments are enough to set out some ideas/plans/goals in your head and know what you are after. 

I already sat down and wrote mine (quite a list, if you must know, split on different areas) and, of course, the blog had its special category. For 2013 I wish to continue loving films and dedicating time to them, maybe not as much as most bloggers, but just enough to discover classics and enjoy the new arrivals. I want to try out more old movies (30s-50s) and watch some absolute classics that I am a little bit ashamed of not seeing until now. I want to take my time and enjoy them, analyze them, but also find time for more....

...time for more new and exciting things, that aren't particularly films/tv shows. I want to read legendary books (To kill a mockingbird, Of mice and men, Virginia Woolf etc), to listen to all-time favorites like The Clash, The Beatles, Bob Dylan and see more plays/shows. I want to discover more about the world around me and be knowledgeable in more areas. 

So, I am warning you know that you will see more diverse posts on Aziza's Picks from now on (or so I hope). Speaking of it, what would interest you? would like to read book reviews, or better talk about music?  Please do let me know, I am to please :)

But, since this is, first and foremost, a film blog, here are my 2013 movie related resolutions

1. See at least 125 movies- the same as this year

2. At least 50 of them will have a release date before 2010

3. There will be more diversity on the blog- music, books, recommendation posts and others

4. Try to post a minimum of 10 articles/month

5. Be more active on other blogs and on Twitter (that means checking my Google Reader more than once a week)


Happy New Year! I hope you all have a great 2013 and take advantage of all the opportunities that will arise!

12 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Diana! These are good resolutions. I hope you achieve them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome resolutions! I'd love to see you more on Twitter!

    I'd also love more music posts here, I am so behind on what is happening in music and you seem to have a great handle on that! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Twitter and music posts...got it :D thanks!

      Delete
  3. Great resolutions Diana, best of luck to you in 2013! Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good resolutions! I'd love to hear more about what you are reading - I read Of Mice and Men in high school for English and I really liked it. I need to read more as well, like The Great Gatsby, and Schindler's List.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good, I am happy to see you all are open to different posts! thanks!

      Delete
  5. Happy New Year! Wish you all the best in 2013.

    Those are great resolutions! I'd love more music posts on here too. I love the artists you mentioned, and I'm curious to hear your thoughts on them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great, nice to know, I'm probably going to do a post about upcoming albums in 2013, I hope you'll like it!

      Delete
  6. This is a terrific well-balanced list of goals! I want to incorporate more music into my life, too.

    ReplyDelete