Dec 18, 2012

The Christmas List (blogathon)

Christmas is coming and on my mind, lately, have been only presents- for my mom, my dad, my sisters, the nephews, the brother-in-laws and so on. I'm not particularly good with presents- I am picky and I take so much time trying to find something nice, not very expensive, that I know they would like, use or, at least appreciate, that I always end up not being satisfied with what I got for them!

So that made think- if I could, what would I buy my fellow sweet bloggers? if time/location/money wouldn't be problem, what would they find nicely wrapped underneath the Christmas tree?

Here's what I came up with- THE CHRISTMAS LIST:

Alex from And so it begins- since Alex is one of the very few people who has seen almost every movie out there (I am exaggerating, but you know what I mean), I would probably get him a Criterion gift certificate or maybe this Early Bergman Criterion collection, if he doesn't have it yet.

Nikhat from Being Norma Jean- she is lively, bubbly, sweet and fond of very nice things; we have a lot of things in common, but I know how much she loves Doctor Who, so I would get her this amazing mug and this poster, or maybe a Johnny Depp DVD collection.

Anna from Defiant Succes- I would think long and hard before getting her something- she is one of the smartest, sarcastic, interesting bloggers I've seen/read. But I would choose Old Hollywood for her, since I know she likes it: maybe a Glamour Portraits photo book or something for her British love

Stevee from Cinematic Paradox- now, Stevee is a smart girl, but also one who loves photography and interesting people like Ezra Miller or Jessica Chastain, so I would go for either this fantastic book of Photographs of Actors Preparing for the Stage or a lesser-known Ezra Miller film on DVD

Margaret from Cinematic Corner- if you know her little obsessions, you know what to get her. Let's see: Lana del Rey's new deluxe album, anything Idris Elba (maybe a poster?), or something funny for her lovely dog, Gustav?

Josh from The Cinematic Spectacle- I would pre-order Cloud Atlas for him, since I know he liked it as much as I did

Ruth from Splendid and Lovely- I love how passionate Ruth is about audio and sounds, so I thought this book about Sound Effects would be very interesting for her; plus, I'd top that with an Amazon gift card, to choose what she wants to see/listen/read!

Andy Buckle- I know how much he likes music, so I would probably get him a subscription to NME or Rolling Stones, 2 great music magazines.


The list could continue for ever and I wish I had the money to buy everything for them, but I guess it's the thought that counts, right? That's what my mom always says and, in this case, she is right!

As for WHAT I WOULD LIKE TO RECEIVE this year....well, the list is endless, but here are some ideas:
- a new notebook/agenda that I will use for my job, starting January :)
- Amazon/Book depository/iTunes gift certificates
- chocolate, lots of chocolate :)
- work/office clothes
- DVDs
...and so on!


I'd love to see what you would buy/do for your fellow online friends! Please write a post with your Christmas list (presents for other and/or what you would like to receive) and send me the link, I'll post it here!

OTHER CHRISTMAS LISTS

Anna from Defiant Succes CLICK
Cat's got culture CLICK
Stevee from Cinematic Paradox CLICK
Margaret from Cinematic Corner CLICK
Steven from Surrender to the Void CLICK
Ruth from Flix Chatter CLICK

24 comments:

  1. Wow, what a thoughtful and interesting idea for a blogathon. Can't wait to take part in it.

    As for your gift choice for me: damn, you are spot on. I'd love to have that!!

    Really nice work, Diana!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alex, I'm glad you like it, can't wait to see what you will say!

      Delete
  2. This is like the sweetest blogathon ever! I will try to post my list for Christmas Eve. LOVE your choices for me - I already have Lana's new album, in fact it's pretty much the only music I listen to :) LOVE that little dog outfit!

    "little obsessions"? :P It's a wonder I haven't been committed yet ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :)) haha, committed? not necessary, don't worry!

      Delete
  3. You're such a sweetheart, Diana. I might chip in to this as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're the loveliest! I needed a pick up after today, and this brought such a smile to my face! :') You know us all so well!
    I'll have to try and write my own Christmas list for you guys too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This seriously made me smile like I haven't smiled in a while, it made me extremely happy after such a hard day! I would so love either of those presents, they're so thoughtful. I think I might do this blogathon too, it would make me feel so much better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy to hear it made you happy- please do it and let me know when you publish it, i'll link you here!

      Delete
  6. I completely missed this. Thanks man!
    I might take part in this.
    You are too cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww, that's so nice. Thanks for the gift! You nailed it.

    Don't know if I'll participate, but thanks so much for thinking of me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what a nice list to write! Enjoyed reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea for a blogathon, Diana. Very kind and thoughtful. I hope you receive everything on your wish list. Especially the chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Thanks! Merry Christmas to you and if you want, you can do one, too!

      Delete
  10. Hello!

    Just wanted to let you know that I've done my own Christmas List blogathon as I thought it was such a sweet idea :) I've linked to your blog as well so you have been credited! http://catsgotculture.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/the-christmas-list-blogathon.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, it was lovely to see it! Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  11. Here's my contribution to the blog-a-thon: http://thevoid99.blogspot.com/2012/12/the-christmas-list-blog-thon.html

    Merry Xmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steven, I already put it up! Merry Christmas to you, too!

      Delete
  12. What a splendid idea for a blogathon Diana. Since I don't have anything planned yet for tomorrow, I will definitely take on this list!

    ReplyDelete